Tuesday 5 February 2013

Winter Blues

Winter Blues


Now, if I was really inventive I'd have saved that title for me talking about a look that heavily features blue. But no. Unless I was going to release a long post decomposing every single NB colourway that adds nothing to the already over-saturated market of runners or take a look at every single brands S/S 13 collection there hasn't been alot of news that has interested me, . There is a post  coming up later about the multitude of Year Of The Snake releases. but the more I write the more are released, which is a pain considering they are all trainers(which I already post about... ALOT)

Yes, it is true that none of us have any money right now with Christmas clearing us all out and many of us paying bills and suffering the reduced hours that we were given last month that went  to Christmas temps that never left. And personally with a holiday to pay for, my usual onslaught of online shopping has significantly been reduced to save my heartache.

BUT!

Despite me slating them merely 2.5 paragraphs ago some of the Spring Summer releases for the high end fashion brands have given me hope towards the success of the "Street Goth" look this year. Especially with the strong support from Givenchy, as seen on the runways of Paris. Of course men in skirts isn't going to catch on yo the the layman in the high-street but I'm sure some good alternatives will pop up (WATCH THIS SPACE). It has disappointed me that the rumours behind a Givenchy x H&M collaboration have been confirmed as fictitious, as I thought this would bring a good fast fashion response to  the emerging look

Also, on a note I slightly picked up on during my "Infra-Bred" posts but never fully made was the return of more "risqué" and "out there" designs, which I used the Jordan 4 Thunder/Lightning pack as an examples as despite being relatively moderate in design. I think they are lighting the path back to the Golden Age of streetwear/street fashion and general counter culture, by using concepts to reinforce styles, thus moving away from the "homogeneous"and the "Generic" and closer towards the originality and art based style that existed before the economic downturn enter the "2nd Golden Era of Streetwear"

No comments:

Post a Comment