Wednesday 6 February 2013

"Street Goth"

Street Goth

Street Goth is a look that is getting a lot of attention at the moment which I think has itself good chances of hitting the mainstream. I myself am a fan of the look which has started with big rap artists like Kanye West and A$AP Rocky donning a darker look, Courtesy of Givenchy, Raf Owens, Alexander Wang and Rick Owens.

Now Generic is not quite in the realms of high end, more uses it as a tangent it likes to refer to. So for a full insight into the history of the look, who’s doing it and how to do it I suggest looking towards Highsnobiety and its articles on the subject. Like THISONE.

WHERE IS IT GOING?

As I mentioned before there is a high chance of this look going to the high street, and this week I noticed a "street goth-esque" section in Fast Fashion retailer H&M(another reason behind my disappointed with the denial of a Givenchy Collaboration). The look obviously had to come from somewhere and must exist somewhere already, otherwise no one would be wearing it in the first place and upon further inspection there are a lot of brands that aren't too expensive existing already pushing “the look” with their own twists these do tend to be the “darker” streetwear brands but I have seen a few dropping good pieces to contribute to the look. Here’s a list of who has made some contributions:

10 deep
Actual Pain
Blvck Scvle
Flying Coffin
Fuct
Mishka
Mighty Healthy
Rook
Rebel 8
SSUR


MY FIRST LOOK

Here’s one of those little fashion mock ups all the Tumblr kids and those cheap women’s Gossip magazines make. I made this to show the look in full but without anything too bank breaking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment